Feb 2, 2009

The Nutshell

On September 8th, 2008 -- after taking 3 pregnancy tests which all yielded positive results, I came to the conclusion that I MIGHT be pregnant.

That conclusion was confirmed on September 9th - by my OB/GYN's nurse who first assured me over the phone that 3 positives did, in fact, indicate that I was pregnant. She later assured me once more -- after giving me a blood test that I insisted was necessary "just to be 100% sure".

That really sums up the origins of this blog. I have been saying since day 1 -- or more like day 7 when the shock and complete fear momentarily subsided and I could again form sentences -- that I wanted to write about my experiences as a "preggosaurus" and, eventually, my experiences as a mom.

I could have kept a journal --- but in the spirit of "the best things in life are shared" I figured I'd let my friends and family in on this emotional roller coaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment